Flipside Studio's is seeking bubbly, eccentric and artistically talented people for a Creative Workshop Instructor role in Sydney!
Flipside Instructor Role Description
As a Flipside Creative Workshop Instructor you will have the opportunity to develop your creative passions whilst leading fun and vibrant classes.
As a Creative Workshop Leader you will..
- Passionately instruct, paint with different mediums, manage and oversee the daily creative workshop events with charisma, motivation and talent.
- Diligently prepare the studio for each creative workshop class by setting up all the utensils, mediums and equipment required and ensuring the studio is neat and tidy post-workshop.
- Work closely with management staff to provide innovative ideas, brainstorm and execute delivery of new workshop ideas and exciting creative events.
- Assist occasionally with marketing through social media, networking and on the ground strategies.
- Evaluate and determine workshop success, building essential feedback reports to address areas of improvement.
- Act as a coach and mentor by providing training workshops and guidance for new staff.
- Always advocate and embody the Flipside values and ethos whilst representing the best possible version of yourself.
- Performs and completes other administrative duties and tasks as required.
What you bring to the role..
- Instruct step-by-step realistic acrylic painting, watercolor and/ craftmaking e.g Terrarium making class
- Artistic talent in painting, drawing , skill and knowledge in creative arts matched with a vibrant and bubbly personality to lead the workshop with ease.
- Passionate for the Flipside ethos and values and strong will to help others learn and discover their creative passions – Guest Experience
- Infectious personality, a great sense of humour and a positive mindset
- Proven leadership capabilities – Ability to make decisions and solve problems efficiently and effectively
- Ability to inspire a team – Leaders cultivate and harvest the motivation needed that wouldn’t have existed otherwise
- Reflect and represent the most mindful, spiritual and creative version of themselves –
- Integrity - Do what they say they will do, by when they say they will do it
- Open to giving & receiving feedback – they feel there is always more to learn and have a willingness to admit mistakes
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills– always be an absolute pleasure to speak and write to!
- Ability to manage tasks independently and think laterally to solve issues
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and the ever changing dynamics of the class environment.
- Ability to seek out and connect to different audiences, building new and lasting customer relationships with ease.
- Be able to deliver an extraordinary guest experience, organisational and time management skills
- Creative or Fine Art tertiary education or experience in the area will be considered a strong asset, however not compulsory. Must however be able to paint at an intermediate level.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
A Creative Workshop Instructor’s Working Hours
Workshop sessions are held in the evenings from Monday to Friday ( 5pm - 10:30pm) as well as weekend sessions . A Creative Workshop Leader’s hours will be anywhere from 20-30 hours per week depending on class schedules.
*We are seeking for an instructor who owns a car as you may need to assist in picking up stock and setting up the equipment before the session commences. Also, you must live within 20 minutes from Sydney CBD.
Personal Development and Growth
Creative Workshop Leaders are fully enrolled in the culture and vision of Flipside and have access to all the tools, training and mentorship required to develop their personal and professional assets and excel within the company.
We value strong commitment to delivering our collective goals, the approach in which delivering our values and ethos are communicated and how this reverberates within our community.
We aim to not only attain extraordinary members in our creative team, we endeavour to develop their professional and personal aptitudes to prepare them for higher roles which allow them to excel in their strengths and nurture their life and career goals.
Please provide link to your porfolio or upload images of your work of Art! We want to see your beautiful artworks!
Best of luck,