Textile and Accessories Designer
Gorman is offering a full time position to an experienced textile & accessory designer in our Melbourne based office. Candidates require a minimum of 2 years employment experience and must be Australian residents.
Textile design - experience and skills required:
- The use of both hand drawn and digital artwork techniques
- Repeat and yardage print competence
- Full understanding of garment printing techniques / inks / finishes
- Full understanding and experience using the Adobe Suite and Photoshop
- Strike off approvals and comments to suppliers
- Preparation of print spec’s for the suppliers.
- A strong creative drive so concepts can be put forth and materialized.
- Good team player in a team of 7 designers.
Accessory design and development - experience and skills required:
- Experience in designing predominately printed textile based accessories, such as tote bags, sun hats, cushions and socks.
- Ability to present a collection of accessories according to the merch plan seasonally
- Creation of tech packs for accessories
- Management of the sample tracker and giving feedback on samples for bulk production
- Strong experience dealing with off shore suppliers
- Working to a seasonal timeline
The role is approximately half textile design and half accessories design. Experience is required in both aspects of this role.