Social Media + Audience Growth Editor
Broadsheet Media is looking for a social media and audience growth editor to lead our audience growth team in our Melbourne or Sydney office.
This is an opportunity to have a significant impact at one of Australia’s most recognised, reputable and innovative digital publishers.
The editor we’re looking for will know how to connect with and build audiences through multiple digital platforms and channels including but not limited to social media and email (newsletter).
The candidate will be strategically minded, highly organised, detail-oriented and excellent at multi-tasking, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively. They will be a forward-thinking media user with at least two years experience in social media, preferably at a digital publisher. A deep understanding of, and deep connection to, Australian city culture is a plus, as is experience in project management.
Reporting to Broadsheet’s Editorial Director, the Audience Growth Editor will look for opportunities to marry the editorial strategy with the audience growth strategy to engage more readers.
The role involves close collaboration with departments outside of Editorial including marketing, product development, and the Broadsheet Studio.
The team at Broadsheet Media is committed and passionate. This is an opportunity to join them and play a fundamental role in the success of one of Australia’s fastest growing digital businesses.
- Developing audience growth strategy and working collaboratively with the wider editorial team, brand and product divisions to lead the execution of this strategy
- Writing social media posts and publishing to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Managing and generating new ideas for Broadsheet’s email (newsletter) and social media strategy
- Identifying new platforms for Broadsheet to develop a presence and engage with audiences, monitoring the digital publishing space for new audience growth opportunities
- Diversifying referral channels
- Working with the Editorial Director to shape and frame stories to have the maximum audience impact
- Working with editors to curate Broadsheet’s social media schedule and newsletter output
- Analysing and reporting on Broadsheet’s direct traffic and social-media performance
- Helping maintain Broadsheet’s positive and collaborative digital network (monitoring and interacting with our audience on multiple social media platforms)
- Experience managing and directing multiple social media channels and accounts – particularly Facebook, Instagram and Twitter – and/or email (newsletter) strategy
- A highly organised and detail-oriented disposition
- Excellent communication skills
- An editorial eye (experience as a copy writer, writer or editor is a plus)
- A strong understanding of Broadsheet – its purpose, its content, its voice and its audience
- Excellent short-copy skills
- The ability to learn fast and adapt
- A positive, curious and spirited demeanour
- A passion for, and knowledge of, food, arts, fashion, culture and media in Australia
If that’s you, please apply with a cover letter and resume by November 14, 2018.