People and Operations
Broadsheet is seeking a a professional People and Operations Manager to lead our internal operations and employee culture.
Broadsheet Media’s employees thrive on creating media that is high quality, innovative and essential for its audience. They are ambitious, creative and collaborative, all while keenly developing their skills and working to empower and inform Australian communities.
The newly created role of People and Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the people in our businesses through workforce planning and strategy, developing and maintaining effective internal processes and building frameworks for our internal culture to thrive.
This role will act as an advisor to leadership on cultural and operational needs of the organisation, to track ideas and work streams and to support leadership to make informed decisions.
We are looking for someone who is committed to developing people, building world class processes and systems, and leading a best-practice workplace culture that reflects Broadsheet’s values. We are a rapidly growing independent business and that is something that should excite you as you build on and develop the organisational frameworks to support continued fast-paced growth.
Broadsheet is deeply connected to culture and we are looking to ensure that as we grow, our internal culture remains authentic and reflective of the values of our brand.
Reporting to: The Publisher
Direct reports: Operations and Office Coordinator
- Developing people strategies and objectives that support the business’ objectives and are focused on improving and growing overall health and wellbeing of all team members.
- Drive the recruitment process from beginning to end, along with hiring managers.
- Maintain onboarding and offboarding processes for the team.
- Advising and supporting managers on how to manage and motivate their team members.
- Drive the implementation and use of performance management processes.
- Identifying and foreseeing people issues; providing recommendations and analysis that effectively resolves problems efficiently and minimises reoccurrence.
- Coaching and advising managers on disciplinary issues and the handling of employee’s grievances and complaints.
- Fostering a culture of high-performance while providing team members with appropriate training, up-skilling and development opportunities.
- Ensuring best-practice human resource management programs, policies and procedures are in place.
- Reviewing and improving existing workflow systems and processes, identify successes and pain points.
- Work with leadership to streamline processes that support cross-team collaboration, task-management, reporting and communication.
- Driving solutions and systems that will contribute to the achievement of business objectives.
- Working with our IT suppliers to ensure the team have the tools to succeed and perform at the highest level.
- Ensuring all internal policies and procedures in line with best practice and legislation.
- Ensuring business compliance with all applicable workplace legislation, modern awards and Fair Work Australia regulations and standards.
- Manage the Office and Operations Coordinator and supervise daily operations and office management.
- Constantly building and maintaining a healthy, best-practice workplace culture across our offices, Australia wide.
- Working with managers to support them to demonstrate and exhibit qualities of best-practice culture in their leadership style.
- Fostering a collaborative, driven and supportive workplace.
- Developing and overseeing a framework that supports and enriches an authentic team culture through meetings, events and other team-bonding activities.
What you’ll bring
- Familiarity with our brand our products and an alignment with Broadsheet Media's values.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar function.
- Exceptional organisational, communication, problem solving, and project management skills.
- High adaptability and energy.
- Ability to work well under pressure and navigate multiple and competing deadlines.
To be a successful candidate please attach your CV and cover letter when applying.
About Broadsheet Media
Broadsheet Media consists of Broadsheet, Australia’s leading lifestyle and culture publisher, Broadsheet Studio, our award-winning branded content agency and Scout, a specialised employment platform for hospitality, retail and creative industries. Our workforce comprises of approximately 50 full-time equivalents, working across a head office in Melbourne, a satellite office Sydney, as well as smaller operations in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.