Looking for experienced floor staff to work with a small team in an environment where the food is so good it does half our job for us but it means we work twice as hard to offer customers the service to match.
- Great customers who genuinely love us
- An environment where the finer details matter
- Work with career professionals
- Contemporary restaurant in Richmond that is recognised by industry peers (Good Food, Gourmet Traveller, AFR) and gaining international recognition.
- Open 4 days a week for dinner (Wed to Sat) and 3 days a week for lunch (Thu to Sat)
- 30 seater restaurant with a mix of services throughout the week from quiet and intimate services through to energetic and well-paced ones with the once or twice a week hectic, what-is-happening service.
About the successful candidate
A successful applicant would have the following qualities and experience
- Past or current experience as an autonomous section waiter
- Experience as an expeditor will be valued
- Appreciate the details - wine labels face the customer, fresh glasses offered, the way a dish leaves the kitchen and placed in front of a customer, how customers are shown to the toilets or seen to the door at the end of the meal
- Comfortable working across various paces of service from slow to going-down-so-hard, sometimes all in the same service!
- Personable, reliable, well-grounded, comfortable with constant change
About the job
- Food runner and dining room float (help to sit guests, take orders, turn a table, process bill)
- Casual role with the opportunity for more hours and stability for the right candidate
- Working Friday and Saturday nights - non-negotiable
- Occasional late finish (past 12am)
- Opportunities to learn and mould the role into yours
Please send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com