Little Black Pig & Sons is looking for a reliable bartender to become an integral part of our up-market restaurant. The right person can make all of the standard cocktails & coffees and has some floor experience.
About the role:
Little Black Pig & Sons is looking for a reliable bartender to join our friendly team. We need someone who can make all of the standard cocktails, including espresso martini, aperol spritz, negroni, and who can also make coffees. The right person can also hold their own section where neccessary and has previous experience in fine-dining / bistro-service.
Preferred skills & experience:
- can make all standard cocktails, including espresso martini, aperol spritz, negroni
- can make coffees to an excellent standard. Coffee art a bonus.
- can run food, referring to seat allocations
- can hold their own section where neccessary, including taking orders, running meals, pouring wine
- 2 years in fine-dining / bistro-service preferred
- running the bar, including cocktails, basic drinks and coffees
- running food whenever service is called if another waitstaff member isn't there
- holding your own section for a quiet service. When you are rostered on for quieter services you will need to be able to do everything, including looking after the floor.
- understanding the menu which changes weekly
- assisting other staff members with queries regarding cocktails/bar
- managing the ordering list. We have a list of items that must be in the bar at all times, it is your job to manage this list and any ordering that needs to be do e
About the company:
We are an up-market Italian restaurant with family values. Last year we were listed in QANTAS magazine as one of Australia's best suburban restaurants, and we've had write ups in different newspapers. We are a small restaurant, seating 44 guests. We are open Wednesday - Saturday dinner, Friday - Sunday lunch, closed Monday & Tuesday. Our hours mean our staff have a good work-life balance.
Wine Compass is a young and forward thinking company that provides high quality, tailored wine tours for private & public groups in the Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsula and Heathcote. We look after and trust our staff, providing full support, incentives, perks and a really fun place to work.