Broadsheet Media is looking for an exceptional Financial Controller to join our team and rapidly growing business.
Best known for publishing online city guide broadsheet.com.au (http://www.broadsheet.com.au) we are a market leading digital business that also extends its capabilities to print, events, video and more. Also within the business’ portfolio is Scout, an employment site connecting the best businesses in Melbourne and Sydney with an engaged, targeted audience.
We’re looking for a dynamic person who can manage and further develop the internal finance and accounting functions for both businesses.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Management Reporting - Generate accurate and complete management financial statements for the business
- Cashflow Management – actively manage the business’ cash position and debtor/creditor control function
- Cashflow Forecasts– Preparation of short term and long term cashflow forecasts using the Group’s financial projection model
- Budget preparation, management and reconciliation - Ensuring team expenditure budgets are being followed and reconciled against Accounts Payable
- Payroll – responsible for payroll for Broadsheet and Scout, as well as staff expense payments, superannuation, Workcover and PAYG Withholding
- Finance Team Management - Workflow management and review of bookkeeper / accountant work, which includes management of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions
- Procedures, System and Controls – Develop policies, workflows and innovative process improvements to help us scale
- Compliance Requirements - Responsibility for meeting all corporate, legal and financial requirements
- Team Support – Providing help, support and advice to the wider team as they develop and implement budgets. This will also require developing strong relationships with business partners across the company.
We’re looking for a person who:
- Is highly disciplined and organized with astonishing attention to detail
- Has an ability to exercise sound judgment and leadership in management decisions
- Be able to work and communicate with the wider team who don’t have the same understanding of finance
- Has an ability to maintain strict confidentiality in relation to the business, including Directors, owners, staff and clients
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Has more than just the required technical skills. We are looking for someone that understands and appreciates our brand and shares our commitment to showcasing the best of the places we live.
Your qualifications should be:
- Degree qualified (Bachelor of Business/Commerce/Accounting) and a membership with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia or CPA Australia
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in commerce and/or the accounting profession
- Experienced in the use of Xero online accounting software
- Exceptional Excel skills
- General knowledge of employee taxes and workcover, superannuation, Fair Work Act compliance and employment related legal matters
Based in our Melbourne HQ in Fitzroy, this is a unique opportunity to help further develop the internal finance and accounting functions for a fast paced and growing business.
To apply, email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.