Bureaux Collective is a Melbourne-based coffee company dedicated to making great coffee accessible. We launched in April 2016 as Australia's first shared coffee roastery and we're building on that foundation to spread the gospel of great coffee for all. We operate across a number of fields;
- Providing co-working services to members
- Selling and distributing roasting hardware
- Running the World AeroPress Championship.
As Account Manager, you will have responsibility for meeting sales targets and increasing our top line revenue. You will do this in three ways:
- attracting new members to use our shared roastery space
- realising greater value of existing members, and
- converting roasters and green coffee importers across Australia and New Zealand to the IKAWA Pro sample roaster.
You’ll be itching to get out of the office at least four days every week to visit cafes, meet people, follow up on leads, and close deals. We’ll be relying on you to gather market intelligence, identify barriers cafe owners face when thinking about roasting for themselves, advocate for our members, and identify ways we can improve our offer to existing and new customers alike.
In the office, you’ll be working on strategy, setting up appointments with leads, keeping our CRM current and organised, and connecting with the wider team for input and advice.
As the business grows, we’ll be looking to you to hire, train, manage, and support a wider account management team.
You will be driven to increase the number of hours per week members use our shared roasting space by:
- Securing new members, which includes;
- Identifying and building a target list of prospective members and generating leads
- Engaging with prospective members to understand their needs and assessing if they are a good fit for our service
- Progressing discussions and negotiations with decision makers, and taking an active approach to removing barriers and problem solving
- Closing deals and managing the onboarding process in partnership with the Roastery Manager
- Developing simple systems for monitoring movement through the sales funnel, quickly identifying where the sales process is getting stuck (and how to unstick it)
- Working closely with our Communications Manager to create sales resources to use with prospective members
- Realising greater value of existing members, which includes:
- Regular visits to our members' cafes to understand their day-to-day operational reality
- Facilitating access to our green coffee list for existing members and working in partnership with the Roastery Manager to run cuppings and secure green coffee sales
- Identifying instances where members aren’t utilising the full range of our services, understanding why, and working with the wider team to address these gaps
- Developing ideas that support our members to grow their coffee businesses and pitching these to the wider team
- Acting as the advocate for our members within the wider team and suggesting ideas for improvements to our service that are of value to our members
- Utilising company management solutions such as Slack, Asana, Deputy and others to stay informed about happenings across your team and the broader company
You’ll help convert roasters and importers to the IKAWA Pro sample roaster by;
- Identifying prospective customers and building a target list of leads to engage
- Developing and executing on a strategy for approaching, following up on, and closing those leads
- Generating event, partnership and marketing ideas that will result in an increase in inbound leads
- Responding to inbound sales enquiries about roasting hardware including technical specifications, price and lead times
- Finalising sales, developing and sending invoices, and following up with customers when payments are overdue
- A very high standard of punctuality, presentability, and hospitality
- A team-first spirit, and an inclination to pitch-in
- The ability and willingness to anticipate and respond to the needs of members and customers
- A clear, concise, and intentional communication style
- An enthusiastic love of problem-solving
- Unwavering pro-activism, attention to detail, and personal accountability
- Conscientious application of policy and procedure, balancing initiative and instruction
$45,000 per annum plus commission (+ superannuation and statutory holidays)
How to apply
Please send a one page CV summary along with a brief (no more than one page) cover letter answering the question: what has been the most satisfying customer relationship you have cultivated and why?
Applications to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on Wednesday 3rd April. Interviews will be held the following week.