Commis Chef - Hellenic Republic
Gazi - MAdE Establishment
Are you a Commis Chef who is looking for their next challenge? A Melbourne favourite is that cooking challenge you want!
Hellenic Republic is one of Melbourne’s most loved food experiences and part of the MAdE Establishment group. With locations in Brunswick, Williamstown, Kew and our newest venue in Brighton, Hellenic Republic is our family taverna experience.
MAdE Establishment is a dynamic collection of brilliant food venues such as Gazi, Hellenic Republic, Jimmy Grants and the Press Club. We are headed by a group of forward thinking restaurateurs, including renowned chef George Calombaris.
We are passionate about L.I.F.E. For us, LIFE is about Love, Innovation, Family and Excellence!
We are looking for passionate, energetic and career-minded Commis Chef to join us at Hellenic. A high paced kitchen, you will have a real thirst for delivering excellence every time.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your specific section
- Training and managing any chefs working under you
- Assisting the sous chef and head chef in the development of new dishes and menus
- Essentially following all health and safety procedures
- Being aware of profit margins and keeping waste to a minimum
Not only will you be passionate about food, but also you will thrive of working within a cohesive team to deliver a great food experience to your customers. We are seeking motivated and passionate Chefs at a Commis or CDP level who also possess:
- ideally 1 + years at Commis or CDP level
- Proven ability to work in a high pressure & fast turnover environment
- Understand the working of a high standard kitchen with uncompromising quality requirements
- Prefer an appropriate Qual in Commercial Cookery
Joining us will ensure that you get not only to work with a great group of people and a great product, you will so get a great balance between your work and life. We will provide you with the chance to build a career with a forward thinking hospitality group and work with some great produce and menu's!