Variety Hour is a print focused label by textile designer Cassie Byrnes. We create from scratch here in Melbourne, with all garments designed and cut in universally loved and flattering shapes with the print as the focus. We're just about to turn three and are excited to grow our team by creating a new role of Store Manager!
At Variety Hour each collection is considered and made in small quantities driven purely by demand and sold through our online store and in our Gertrude St shop home. Each season, a new collection of prints are hand painted by Cassie, designed and adapted to suit a variety of products. Our real passion is designing for our customer, everyday we work to bring a little bit of happiness to our customers lives through print, colour and textiles that make them feel fabulous. (Here's us on Instagram for a look at what we do). Since launching, we've grown an incredible family of customers and are excited about what's next for our growing business!
About The Job
We’re a small business and do things a little bit differently, so this isn’t your typical Store Manager role. We’re looking for someone to oversee and manage our Gertrude Street and online stores for 3 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday ideally - we currently have two gals working casual shop assistant hours over the weekend).
The main responsibilities of this role will innclude:
- Customer service, helping our customers find the right fit/print for them and being the face of the brand. We’re a small boutique store so while this will be a big part of the job there will be plenty more to keep you busy.
- Driving sales and meeting our monthly targets.
- Overseeing daily dispatch and fulfilment of online orders and management of online customer service (email).
- Working as a team with our casual shop assistants and overseeing/helping them meet sales objectives.
- Stock management.
- Getting behind our social accounts and sharing some ad hoc content, e.g. pics of yourself, store happenings, happy customers etc. We want your personality to shine through.
- Oversee the launch of our first pop-up store in Brisbane this August at the Calile Hotel.
- A real passion to help the business grow and take on extra responsibilities that may interest you like PR, wholesale, visual merchandising etc. We’re a small team and wear lots of different hats.
- Being available to work with the studio team and contributing to planning, marketing and other ad hoc tasks that might come up.
- This is not a design role. However being a small growing business we know a superstar when we see one and there is always room to grow.
- We’re not necessarily looking for a typical retail person - we’re keen to meet people from all walks of life.
- You love customers and enjoy building and maintaining relationships.
- You have strong organizational skills and can manage multiple tasks at once.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re social but also understand this will be an autonomous role and you will be working solo often. The plus side is this is really independent role and we really want you to make it your own - do things your way!
- You have very high attention to detail.
- Some retail experience would be a big plus
- You love our brand and want to help us grow!
If this sounds like you, apply below or at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter + resume and tell us why you're the perfect fit.