Part-Time Sales Person
We are looking for an experienced sales professional to join our dynamic business. You will love to sell and bring your awesome skills, bright personality and passion for design to the role. Must be available for some weekend work.
- Work in a unique family business surrounded by art and design
- Be part of a big-hearted team passionate about exceptional customer service
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression within the company
About Modern Times
Modern Times is an Australian design destination that uniquely pairs vintage European design furniture with contemporary Australian furniture, art and objects. We pride ourselves on creating a unique and memorable retail experience. Our showroom is based in Smith Street, Fitzroy.
We are looking for a part-time sales professional to join our team.
You will need to be able to demonstrate -
- Proven sales experience in like-minded businesses
- Enthusiasm to deliver exceptional customer service
- A passion for design furniture, objects and art and excited to learn more
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills including confidence negotiating
- An enthusiastic and friendly manner
- Strong organisational skills
- Aptitude for working with people and enjoying a close-knit team
- Confidence working towards budgets and KPIs
- Ideal candidate is enthusiastic with a can-do attitude - diligent, punctual and well presented.
Your responsibilities will include -
- Using your awesome sales and customer service skills to achieve results whilst also providing an extraordinary customer experience
- Working alongside the managers to help run an efficient, sales-driven and customer-focused retail environment
- Building customer relationships and providing a great experience to guests in the showroom, providing upbeat and understanding customer assistance.
- Ensuring all sales-related admin is completed in an organised, timely and efficient manner
- Assisting with with merchandising and inventory management of the showroom
We can provide -
- Enthusiastic and tight-knit team with a big heart!
- An opportunity to work with beautiful unique products
- A chance to be involved in growing our local community of artists, designers and makers
- Ongoing training and development
Please include a cover letter with your resume and address the following questions -
- Describe Modern Times to your friend, what is our business about?
- Tell us about a memorable sales experience you have provided?
- Tell us why you would like to join the Modern Times team?