Wine Bars Of Melbourne
We are a thriving wine bar/restaurant located in the inner north west of Melbourne. We are looking for a Head Chef with a strong background in Mediterranean/European cooking to help progress our brand and profile.
- Freedom to be creative and make your mark in an up-and-coming hospitality company.
- Work with people very passionate about the industry in a genuinely enjoyable working environment.
- Potential to grow with the company - a new venue is being planned for September this year.
We are looking for a head chef who:
- Has a passion for food
- Can update our current appetizer menu and create a menu that consists of grazing/sharing dishes that compliment our strong beverage offering. Ideally dishes to be seasonal, appeal to our venue demographic, with a focus on fresh ingredients and plating.
- Can create and plan food offering for functions
- Can create new recipes and accurate food costings to a high standard
- Can perform all admin kitchen functions: stock ordering, liaising with suppliers, proper stock rotation, dating, complying with health regulations etc
- Can train and supervise all kitchen staff, including organizing rosters and schedules
- Can accommodate for (and understand) dietary requirements of our customers
- Can manage a small team
*experience with pizzas also highly desirable.
*Weekend availability required
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- On-going training and support
- work-life balance - 5 day weeks, no crazy hours, flexability
- The ability to grow and develop with the business
- The ability to be creative
- Working with a dedicated and passionate team