Demi Chef de Partie
Matilda 159 Domain - Pickett and Co
Scott Pickett's Matilda 159 Restaurant in South Yarra is looking to fill the role of Demi Chef de Partie in our production kitchen.
Your main duties will revolve around food production for the main kitchen and receipt of deliveries.
This is a great opportunity to work for a unique and exciting venue that cooks over open flame and charcoal.
- Build on your skills and experience surrounded by industry professionals
- Award winning restaurant in South Yarra
The Demi Chef de Partie is responsible for quality food preparation and cooking, adhering to the following guidelines:
- all food is to be produced strictly according to the documented standard recipes provided by the Head Chef/Sous Chef;
- all food is to be presented according to the instructions of the Head Chef/Sous Chef;
- all portions are to be accurately measured according to the recipe.
Productivity and morale
The Demi Chef de Partie is responsible for:
- ensuring the maintenance of both high productivity and good staff morale
- seeking from the Head Chef/Sous Chef, what exactly is expected of them (job description), how to do it (training) and how they will be judged (performance appraisals)
- working as part of a team to ensure that all tasks are completed in order of priority and within an allotted time frame
- responding to and treating colleagues with professional respect and courtesy
- being self motivated, able to follow directions and work as part of the team
- contributing new ideas which may improve guest service or departmental operations
- maintaining a clean and pleasant work environment and ensuring that the next shift walks-in to a clean, well organised kitchen
- working in a supportive and co-operative manner with all other kitchen staff;
- communicating any issues or complaints to the Sous Chef and not to other staff.
Goods receipt and storage
The Demi Chef de Partie is responsible for food and other supply purchases by:
- monitoring all deliveries for quality, quantity/weight, and freshness; and politely rejecting any item(s) that are not up to the agreed standard;
- not signing a docket unless the item has been checked thoroughly;
- accepting personal responsibility for shortages that have been signed for;
- maintaining the organisation, cleanliness and security of all goods storage areas;
- ensuring that all kitchen stocks are rotated and stored according to procedures laid-down by the Head Chef/Sous Chef
If this sounds like a role for you we'd like to hear from you.