Maha Restaurant - Delia Group
Create high quality, fun and engaging experiences whilst working with Shane Delia and his team at his celebrated flagship venue Maha.
About the role
We are looking for a professional Sous Chef to amaze the patrons of our establishment with excellent cooking according to our chef's recipes and specifications. You will maintain constancy and collaborate with our kitchen team to develop and deliver our product. Note that from time to time you must be willing to work at other venues across the group.
- Prepare menus in collaboration with the Maha team
- Ensure adequacy of supplies at the cooking stations
- Prepare ingredients that should be frequently available
- Follow the guidance of the Head Chef and have input in new ways of presentation
- Put effort in optimising the cooking process with attention to speed and quality
- Enforce strict health and hygiene standards
- Help to maintain a climate of smooth and friendly cooperation
- Proven experience in a Sous Chef role (min 3 years)
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
- Knowledge of best cooking practices
- Relevant trade certificate
- Must be able to work in Australia in a full-time capacity
About the company
Exceptional experiences is what Maha is renowned for. Quality staff, produce, ambience, beverages and award-winning wine lists. We are privately owned and operated with our owners, including Shane Delia, working hands-on in the venue. We currently employ over 50 staff and are firmly focused on identifying our team's individual needs. Those who possess leadership talent will be provided with pathways to develop and grow with us. We also recognise the importance of stability and work-life balance, and provide an environment where this can be achieved.
- A supportive work environment that provides stability and growth opportunities based on individual skills, wants and goals
- Close to public transport
- Fixed rosters available, based on individual employee needs
- The opportunity to be exposed to high profile events, locally and internationally
- The opportunity to work with Shane Delia on many of his internal and external projects
How to apply
Click the APPLY NOW button and submit your resume and cover letter. Do note that only successful candidates will be contacted.