We are looking for an experienced pastry chef to move into a kitchen supervisor role for a new venue, opening in August.
We first opened our doors in a little laneway in Melbourne's CBD in September 2014. We then expanded to Sydney's Barangaroo in 2016 and this year we will be opening our third site in the Darling Square development in Haymarket.
We are looking for an experienced chef to work in a supervisory role for our new venue. You will be supported by both our head chef and management team to not only produce the world's most delicious donuts, but to learn the ins and outs of running a small commercial kitchen.
What you can expect in this role:
- Work amongst a passionate team, using the finest ingredients to produce a range of delicious donuts,
- Learn and master a range of yeast-raised, cake and choux-based donuts,
- Opportunities to develop ideas and contribute to the product catalogue,
- Opportunities to grow into new and varied roles,
- Generous perks and performance-based bonuses.
What we expect from a successful applicant:
- Experience in a bakery, patisserie or commercial kitchen environment,
- An ability to work in Australia without restriction,
- An ability and willingness to work early mornings, weekends and public holidays.
Salary calculated based on negotiated work schedule, ranging from $64,000 - $73,000 inclusive of superannuation.
Anthony Ivey and Sinye Ooi worked on creating the ideal doughnut for 12 months, travelling to the US and Canada for eating research.
Ooi and Ivey hand forge crullers made from local honey and organic milk. Flavours include doughnuts topped ...
Shortstop Coffee & Donuts
12 Sutherland Street, Melbourne
Exciting opportunity for a talented Head Chef to make their mark in a newly refurbished restaurant in the heart of the Mornington Peninsula.