Reports to: Director, Marketing, Recruitment and Admissions
Employment Type: Full time, ongoing
Salary Range: $70 - $80k and 12% Superannuation
Ormond is an iconic residential College at the University of Melbourne and hosts the Wade Institute of Entrepreneurship. Home to around 400 residents, Ormond College is the largest residential College at the University of Melbourne and provides a living and learning experience to enrich students from all corners of the world. The Wade Institute of Entrepreneurship is a leading centre for entrepreneurial training. Established in 2015 in a purpose-built facility at Ormond College, Wade exists to empower the next generation of audacious entrepreneurs and to be the birthplace of game-changing enterprises through the delivery of the following programs:
- The University of Melbourne’s Master of Entrepreneurship
- VC Catalyst, an intensive program for venture capital investors
- UpSchool, a practical professional development program to give educators the skills, experience and confidence to teach entrepreneurship in schools to students, across all levels, and
- Start Up Sprint, a short intensive entrepreneurship boot camp.
This is your opportunity to join a high performing team, in a unique supportive, community culture, in an iconic setting, in the picturesque grounds of the College.
About the role
Reporting to the Director Marketing, Recruitment and Admissions, the Creative Lead is responsible for the visual identity and branded communications of two distinct entities – Ormond College and Wade Institute.
The Creative Lead is part of a dynamic, in-house agency responsible for brand awareness and campaign activity, media relations and reputation management, recruitment, digital marketing and social media, publications and collateral and market research and segmentation.
You’re a design and creative all rounder who will play key role developing the College and the Wade Institute’s brand position and campaigns to attract the best students, motivate alumni and donors and recruit high quality faculty and staff. You will lead the development of distinctive visual communication programs that enhance reputation and drive deeper engagement and wider reach.
- Lead the design and production of visual communications, including multimedia digital content, publications, social media initiatives, advertising, email and events which engage audiences and authentically reflect the key brand attributes of the College and the Wade Institute in collaboration with the in-house team and external agencies.
- Contribute to the delivery of marketing, communication and branding programs that maximise demand for student recruitment within the target markets.
- Work in collaboration with the Advancement team to to generate innovative ideas and campaigns that engage alumni and donors.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external suppliers, managing outsourced programs of work including photography and video shoots, publications, websites and event activations.
- Oversee curation of College and Wade Institute social platforms and communities and management of regular publishing schedules, staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and social media trends.
- Responsibility for digital asset management systems and processes for the College and Wade, including sourcing and maintaining our database of marketing assets.
- Manage marketing performance systems and analyse data to inform creative strategy.
- Lead the development and maintenance of brand guidelines and design system templates and processes.
- Test and optimise customer and user experience.
- Monitor branded communications for both the College and Wade Institute, ensuring compliance with brand guidelines.
- Review best practice and maintain a breadth of knowledge about current trends, emerging issues and opportunities in higher education and industry that inform future communication and marketing strategies.
- Support a collegial, team-building work environment and cultivate productive, collaborative relationships with all constituent groups.
- Support financial management of the department within allocated budgets.
- Manage and provide mentorship to a diverse team of student interns.
Key Selection Criteria
- Highly competent creative all-rounder with advanced experience in visual communications and brand development
- Strong graphic design capabilities across a range of formats and mediums
- Highly competent in the full Adobe Suite, Lightroom, Final Cut Pro editing software, Mail Chimp and Google Analytics
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- A strong collaborative, action-oriented and continuous learning mindset with great creative instincts
- Experience driving effective campaigns and programs that target niche markets.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to engage with people from varying backgrounds
- The ability to positively contribute and work within a small creative team or independently.
- Agency advertising, design, creative or marketing and communications experience and advantage
Bachelor’s degree in design / marketing or communications or a related field and/or relevant work experience
Some out of hours work is required
Applicants are invited to submit a covering letter, addressing the key selection criteria, and resume to Kim Howells, Director Marketing, Recruitment and Admissions.
Applications must be submitted by 21 July 2019.