Reports to: Director, Marketing, Recruitment and Admissions
Employment Type: Full time, contract until August 2021
Salaray Range: $70 - $80k and 12% Superannuation
Ormond is an iconic residential College at the University of Melbourne and hosts the Wade Institute of Entrepreneurship. Home to around 400 residents, Ormond College is the largest residential College at the University of Melbourne and provides a living and learning experience to enrich students from all corners of the world. The Wade Institute of Entrepreneurship is a leading centre for entrepreneurial training. Established in 2015 in a purpose-built facility at Ormond College, Wade exists to empower the next generation of audacious entrepreneurs and to be the birthplace of game-changing enterprises through the delivery of the following programs:
- The University of Melbourne’s Master of Entrepreneurship
- VC Catalyst, an intensive program for venture capital investors
- UpSchool, a practical professional development program to give educators the skills, experience and confidence to teach entrepreneurship in schools to students, across all levels, and
- Start Up Sprint, a short intensive entrepreneurship boot camp.
This is your opportunity to join a high performing team, in a unique supportive, community culture, in an iconic setting, in the picturesque grounds of the College.
Reporting to the Director Marketing, Recruitment and Admissions, the Content Lead is responsible for creating and delivering high impact content strategies and community engagement programs across two distinct entities – Ormond College and Wade Institute.
The Content Lead is part of a dynamic, in-house agency responsible for brand awareness and campaign activity, media relations and reputation management, recruitment, digital marketing and social media, publications and collateral and market research and segmentation.
You’re a skilful storyteller, adept at developing distinctive narratives and communication programs that people connect with and build affinity.
A communications all rounder, you will play key role developing the College and the Wade Institute’s brand position and campaigns to attract the best students, motivate alumni and donors and recruit high quality faculty and staff.
- Lead the content production aspects of creative projects, developing human-centric messages that engage our niche audiences across all touchpoints. This includes paid advertising, digital, social, email, print, outdoor and events, in collaboration with the in-house team and external agencies.
- Creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content to increase earned and owned media to heighten the recognition of the College and Wade Institute and grow brand recognition and share of voice.
- Researching, writing and pitching ideas to targeted media outlets and networks.
- Contribute to the curation of College and Wade Institute social platforms and communities and management of regular publishing schedules, staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and social media trends.
- Oversee process for website content management and updates, ensuring websites are compelling and responsive to user needs.
- Work in collaboration with the Advancement team to generate innovative ideas and campaigns that engage alumni and donors.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimised for search and user experience.
- Development of content style guides and communications tools, templates and processes.
- Review best practice and maintain a breadth of knowledge about current trends, emerging issues and opportunities in higher education and industry that inform future communication and marketing strategies.
- Support a collegial, team-building work environment and cultivate productive, collaborative relationships with all constituent groups.
- Support financial management of the department within allocated budgets.
- Manage and provide mentorship to a diverse team of student interns.
Key selection criteria
- A highly competent communications all-rounder with advanced experience in editorial, copywriting, stakeholder relations, media and PR skills
- Experience in developing and executing content strategies across multiple audiences, channels and mediums including advertising copy, video content, podcasts and longform articles
- Experience in managing social media accounts and curating engaged communities, staying current with new trends and features
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Experience driving effective campaigns and programs that target niche markets.
- A strong collaborative, action-oriented and continuous learning mindset with great creative instincts
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to engage with people from varying backgrounds
- The ability to positively contribute and work within a small creative team or independently.
- Agency advertising, PR or marketing and communications experience an advantage
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, PR, marketing or communications or a related field and/or relevant work experience
Some out of hours work is required
Applicants are invited to submit a covering letter, addressing the key selection criteria, and resume to Kim Howells, Director Marketing, Recruitment and Admissions.
Applications must be submitted by 21 July 2019.