STREAT are looking for talented baristas who are seeking a bit more purpose from their craft (multiple positions with an immediate start available). Potential to work across multiple sites and be the newest member of our amazing teams.
STREAT is a Melbourne-based social enterprise that operates its hospitality enterprises to fund and support hospitality training for young people who need a hand. Quality coffee, social justice and sustainability are our biggest passions!
We operate a number of successful inner city cafes and kiosks, offering specialty coffee from our roastery, and delicious items from our artisan bakery and production kitchen. Early in 2020 we'll be launching another cafe, as well growing our existing sites, providing even more opportunities for young people to get work experience and qualifications. We're now looking for experienced baristas and customer service superstars to join us on this journey (multiple positions available).
We might juggle our resources initially to find the best mix of teams so you might find yourself working across multiple locations.
Successful candidates must display the following qualities:
- Warmth, fun, friendliness and professionalism
- A focus on providing an exceptional and engaging customer experience
- A passion for coffee, good food and a desire to increase knowledge in these areas
- The ability to work quickly and cleanly whilst maintaining quality
- The desire to work collaboratively within a growing social enterprise
- Interest in imparting your hospitality knowledge onto our trainees in a supportive environment
Duties will include:
- Utilising professional hospitality skills in a high volume takeaway environment
- Being a champion of hospitality and acting as a constant role model for the young people in our training program
- A minimum of 2 years
- Working knowledge of food safety standards
- Before starting work a Working With Children check will be required. This can be applied for if you are successful in your application and we'll reimburse the cost after you're with us for 3 months.
If you feel that you have the qualities to join a progressive and motivated hospitality team dedicated to helping stop homelessness please apply via Scout.
More info about STREAT and what we do at www.streat.com.au
It’s been a pub, a brothel and an art gallery. But the current incarnation of Cromwell Manor in Collingwood may be its most revolutionary. The 150-year-old heritage site is now an 80-seat cafe, bakery and coffee roastery run by STREAT, a social ente...
66 Cromwell Street, Collingwood