Qualified Chef - Fitzroy North
Dench Cafe in Fitzroy North are looking for a Casual, well trained and experienced Chef. - up to 3 Shifts per week - Kitchen open 7am to 1:30pm - No nights or public holidays - one weekend day.
Dench Bakers have been proudly baking artisan bread since February 2005. Our orginal baking site in Fitzroy North is now a dedicated take away and cafe location - Dench Cafe.
Dench Café serves the North Fitzroy community with quality hand-made sourdoughs and specialty breads, pastries, great coffee and currently a takeaway café and take home menu.
We are looking for a casual, well trained and experienced Chef to join the team in Fitzroy North. The successful applicant will have sound knowledge of preparing hearty food made with quality seasonal produce, be able to adapt quickly and draw on their experience to "hit the ground running".
Up to 3 shifts per week, early starts (the kitchen is currently open from 7am till 1:30pm), including at least one weekend day. No evenings, nights, public holidays. You would work as part of competent & dynamic café team where your contribution will be valued.
You must demonstrate the following:
* Solid history of at least 4 years in the same role in a similar commercial environment
* Attention to detail in a small commercial kitchen
* Show previous team leading roles
* Able to work independently & as part of a team
* Excellent communication skills
* A high level of knowledge and adherence to food and hygiene safety practices
If this sounds like a good fit for you please contact us:
John Dench - Executive Chef and Owner