Neil Hugh Office is a brand strategy and marketing consultancy distinguished by our innate value of design. Specialising in the worlds of interior design, architecture, furniture, lighting and property, we are searching for a Communications, Public Relations and Media professional to join our Melbourne team.
You will be tasked with developing and implementing effective communications and public relations strategies that align with wider marketing objectives and ultimately drive commercial outcomes for both Neil Hugh Office and our clients.
Overseeing and managing day-to-day activity for clients – either directly as the account lead, or indirectly through the work of your team – you will be responsible for the full public relations client portfolio, including proactive media liaison and securing editorial coverage. You will also be charged with improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the Communications function, developing a department strategy and implementing systems, processes and procedures that position the agency and its clients for success.
01. Client Service & Account Management
02. Strategic Planning, Implementation & Media Liaison
03. Department Planning, Systems & Processes
Successful Candidate Profile:
The successful candidate will have eight or more years’ experience in a similar role – either agency or client-side – and a tertiary qualification in Public Relations, Marketing Communications or related field. Experience managing a team is essential, as is a personal and demonstrated passion for design and a strong knowledge of and contacts within the media and design industry.
• Intuitive and observant with an eye for detail
• Considered and empathetic communicator, both written and verbal
• Commercially minded and client-centric approach to account management
• Strategic, analytical and creative thinker
• Exceptional time management skills and natural flare for efficiency
• Self-motivated and focused with an ambition for success
• Effective manager and supportive mentor
• Emotionally intelligent approach to interpersonal relationships
• Positive contributor to team
• Collaborative and autonomous in equal measure and as required
• Proud, passionate and accountable, regardless of the task at hand
• Strong copywriting skills and portfolio of writing examples