Melbourne Symphony Orchestra is looking for a Box Office Manager to help manage the Box Office operations of one of Melbourne's leading cultural institutions.
Are you a Tessitura champion and have Box Office and ticketing experience? Do you have a commitment towards delivering excellent customer service, identifying sales trends and leading a team of dedicated sales professionals? If so, what are you waiting for? Join us as Box Office Manager and help manage the Box Office operations of the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, one of Melbourne’s leading cultural institutions.
This position provides an essential service to the Marketing and Sales Department, and by extension to the wider Company, with responsibility across the areas of Box Office, customer service, front-of-house venue liaison, merchandise management and telemarketing. The role works closely with the Director of Marketing and Sales and Senior Manager, Sales & Customer Experience, and is accountable for ensuring the Box Office and Telemarketing teams provide premium customer service, and maximum revenue generation through ticket sales. The role acts as an internal champion/super user for the Company’s Tessitura CRM system, and works collaboratively across the sales and marketing departments, as well as with key external stakeholders. The role also oversees the Box Office Supervisor, who in turn provides guidance to the Box Office casual team as well as ongoing support and administration of the Telemarketing team (both inbound and outbound).
What we’re looking for:
• Demonstrated ability to use Tessitura to provide creative solutions to ticketing challenges, including but not limited to Events and Package building
• Experience in a similar Box Office/ticketing role, with an entertainment/arts environment
• Commitment towards delivering quality customer service
• Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and motivate teams
• An ability to identify sales opportunities and customer trends
• Excellent communication skills, as well as training/presentation skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to achieve deadlines
• Ability to balance attention to detail with broader strategic priorities
• Flexibility to work outside of normal hours e.g. evenings, weekends, public holidays on occasion
Read the full position description at
This is an excellent time to be joining the MSO and a fantastic opportunity for a passionate arts professional. Working closely with a small but dedicated team, this role will be well suited to someone looking to make a positive contribution to a much loved cultural icon of Melbourne and Australia.
The closing date for applications is 9am, Monday 1 February.
To apply for this position please forward a covering letter, current resume and short statement addressing each of the essential criteria via email, with the subject line BOX OFFICE MANAGER APPLICATION – YOUR NAME, to:
Michael Stevens, Human Resources Coordinator
Referees will be sought from candidates following the interview process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No agency applications will be considered at this time.
Please note the position is offered at 0.8 FTE until December 2021, then at full-time from January 2022. Currently, MSO staff are working a combination of remote and in-office hours in line with the MSO COVIDsafe plan.
Due to an internal promotion, we are looking for a rockstar all-rounder to help manage our office and run our reception desk. No weekend work - Monday to Friday office hours.
Join a dynamic, sector-leading team in a newly created role with a broad remit that spans operations, business continuity development and improvement, project leadership, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.