Account Manager (Full Time)
Karla Dawes Press Office
KDPO is a public relations firm based in Carlton which caters to a select clientele across the food, travel and lifestyle sectors. We offer a range of services including brand consulting, communications strategy, event planning and social media. We are seeking a motivated and experienced Account Manager for a full time role.
- KDPO consists of a small, yet dynamic team and we encourage our team members to grow and learn as much as possible under senior management.
- This position provides an opportunity for an experienced PR professional to take the next step in their career.
- The successful candidate will become an integral part of our business helping lead key campaigns and clients, have at least 4-5 years agency exposure and have proven account management experience and media contacts.
The role will suit a highly motivated, creative and energetic individual who can work independently, and also collaborate with our staff and any agency partners.
- Strong understanding of the media and social landscape
- Proven relationships with media and influencers
- Proactive and self-starting; seizes opportunities and acts upon them; enthusiastic and committed
- Social media experience (strategy and operations)
- Event management experience – managing suppliers (i.e. photographers), guest lists etc.
- Strong writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Seeks all relevant information for problem-solving
- Knowledge of trends in food, drink and lifestyle
- Management of several client accounts at one time – both autonomously and with support
- Executing client strategies across traditional PR, event and influencer relations
- Proactively and reactively managing media/influencers with the aim of obtaining positive media coverage for clients
- Client Management – independently and with support depending on client size and scope
- Responsible for client reporting
- Attendance and management of meetings – responsible for reporting key information, document preparation and ensuring minutes taken (delegated if necessary)
- Delegating smaller jobs and administrative tasks to junior staff
- Attendance and management of key events – including supplier management, media and client management
- Creating assets for client campaigns – i.e. writing media releases, invites etc.
- Actively monitors and reports client coverage and competitor activity
- Active attendance at internal meetings/brainstorm sessions
- Reports directly to Managing Director/ General Manager
We look forward to hearing from you!