Hector's Deli is on the hunt for a passionate and driven Chef with 2-3 years of experience working in a fast paced kitchen to join our team!
- Opportunity to grow into Sr Management role as we grow our business
- Deliver training, coaching and performance management
- Open kitchen area with lots of natural light
Hector’s Deli is on the hunt for a Chef with experience in a high volume, fast-paced kitchen to join our team.
We aim to bring a refined fast food offering to Melbourne, focusing on sandwiches made from high-quality ingredients and in-house roasted coffee. Hector’s Deli is about simplicity and quality. We value consistency, approachability, and genuine customer service.
We’re looking for:
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated experience
- Experience in a kitchen focused on minimising food waste
- Experience in high volume, fast-paced environment is desirable
- Flexibility and availability on weekends
- Excellent time management skills and a strong work ethic
- Understanding of food safety standards
- Ability to perform in high-pressure service periods and high-stress situations
- Ability to establishing rapport and respect with colleagues and guests
- Ability to follow prep lists & cleaning schedule
- Fluent English
- Opportunities for learning with weekly recipe testing days
- Competitive pay rates & penalty rates
- Creative input on specials and new menu items
- Open kitchen with lots of natural light and happy, friendly staff and clientele
- Hours of operation 6:30am - 3:30pm - no evening shifts!
- Opportunities for growth and professional development
- An existing strong and experienced team with well-considered systems and processes
- Central location close to public transport
Days are relatively flexible, so send through your resume along with your availability and we will set up a trial!