Customer Service Representative
Calendar Cheese Company
The Calendar Cheese Company is Australia's leading importer and distributor of International and Australian specialty cheese and dry goods. Established in 1996, we are proud to offer the largest range of speciality cheeses in the Australian market.
- High Profile FMCG Food Brand
- Attractive Salary
- Location: Port Melbourne
Are you obsessed with cheese? We have an amazing opportunity for a passionate Customer Service Representative to join our team.
About the Role
To provide and maintain the highest level of customer service for the Calendar Cheese Company.
This role encompasses attending to customer enquiries, requests and complaints, taking/processing orders, customer administration, cross functional collaboration and general office/site duties.
This role is also accountable for growing sales and margin through promoting new product and sales opportunities.
We work with key restaurants and retailers within the gourmet food sector, so a passion for food and some understanding of this industry is a must.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, responsibilities include:
- Answer the phones promptly, in a professional and courteous manner. Be the first point of contact for customers on the phone
- Completion of daily admin tasks in order to deliver excellent customer service
- Provide knowledgeable, polite and proactive service to new and existing customers, whilst encouraging sales.
- Complete assigned tasks with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy, including customer orders
- Promote the entire range of products, including hard to handle specialty product.
- Cross sell & upsell across the entire portfolio.
- Adapt to customers changing demands by taking initiative, being self-motivated, and maintaining a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Attend all internal product training classes ensuring you are constantly updating your product knowledge on existing and new products
- Provide product expertise where possible via the telephone or product notes
- Create trustworthy relationships with your team and customers.
- ‘Under promise and over deliver’, always go beyond to exceed customers’ expectations.
- Work closely with all members of the team to maximise sales and customer satisfaction
- Abide by Calendar Cheese policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications preferred however on the job experience will be view favourably
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in customer service-oriented role
- M3 experience is an advantage
- Hospitality or retail professional experience is an advantage
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and outlook).Organisational & time management capabilities with a focus on multitasking and reprioritising
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines
- Positive attitude, proactive and shows initiative and works well under pressure
- A can-do, team-focused attitude is essential for success
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to liaise confidently with customers and suppliers – excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail - Accurate key entry skills
- A superb company culture
- Supportive management
- Competitive remuneration
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)