Attn: Video Editors: Do you want more control of your Projects, the chance to disrupt an industry and get more recognition for your work?If you are a highly-skilled, creatively adventurous, detail-oriented, and perhaps held-back video editor, we're looking for you to fulfill a unique set of needs in our agency.
Our agency is a popular content production company in the niche of real estate marketing specialising in photography and video content that makes properties and brands pop out from the noise in the industry, and that helps people and families get the best results during what’s generally a daunting process. We need someone who has the talent and motivation to help us generate industry-leading video content so we can change people’s lives.
This job is NOT right for the average video editor that just wants to put in the 9-5, cut a few clips together to a brief and doesn’t care about what they create.
But if you genuinely love creating awesome visual content, constantly pushing boundaries, self-learning through research and taking chances, and working in a fast moving agency that will evolve and elevate your skillset and let you have a major impact on the creative direction of the company, then this may very well be your dream job. Seriously.
You’ll be able to work on creating the best properties videos on the planet, for an agency that is known to lead the way in quality and creativity, having produced over x5000 videos in the past 6 years.
This is your chance to put all of your cutting-edge creativity and expertise to work, instead of doing the same boring job day-in and day-out.
As a full-time video editor, you’re responsible for having a constant pulse on the agency’s video output and editing incredible property videos. The perfect person for this position looks for any way they might help to improve our video content and style, and bring new ideas and passion to the industry.
Key Responsibilities & Ownership:
Our video editor will spend most of their time editing property videos from RAW to final output, as well as fine-tuning styles and workflow so that the whole crew operates like a well-oiled machine.
You’ll focus not only on producing the best content from the footage provided but also effectively working with the on-road production team and shooters to ensure we are all working collaboratively to achieve the agency’s goals.
You will improve current visual styles and bring a fresh eye to property marketing that more reflects modern digital consumption and content marketing.
You will constantly drive the quality of the video content, and never settle for anything less than the best.
You’ll be given the opportunity to work autonomously, proactively drive key projects, and have a large say in direction of your work and the future creative direction of the company.
But in order to be the perfect fit for this position, you’ll need to operate at a high level and have impeccable communication skills so that nothing falls through the cracks.
And you must also be the type of person that thrives in this fast-paced environment, and can keep all of your projects running on schedule.
To do that, you'll want to be very prepared, highly organized, a clear thinker, incredibly curious, consistently persistent, and someone who works quickly.
In short, the right person has to be willing to see everything as a challenge and an opportunity to blow people away with how awesome their work is.
The right person:
- Lives, eats, breathes, and sleeps every type of video content known to humankind - Is a badass in the Adobe suite, with experience in working with multiple camera types and files
- Is confident with colour grading within Premiere Pro and Davinci.
- Is incredibly proactive. They look for things that need to be done and they do them. They don't wait around until they are told to do something.
- Organised. We have a lot of files moving everywhere, and a lot of simultaneous projects happening at once. These are exciting times for our agency. We need someone who is deeply, obsessively organised and loves a great workflow and file structure.
- Flexible. You need to be comfortable when plans change when things go wrong. We need someone with a cool head and a can-do attitude.
- Positive. You have to be positive. We want to hear what you're doing to make each day a kick-ass day.
- Has experience in a range of genres. You are equally adept at incredibly emotive storytelling with powerful cinematic visuals and beautiful soundscape, as well as fast paced high-impact videos that punch the viewer in the face. Music videos, travel videos, architecture work, film trailers are a great start. No real estate experience necessary. In fact unless you can blow us away with a property video you’ve done, we’d prefer no real estate experience.
- Is obsessed with the power of music in video.
- Is a skilled story-teller.
- Is a FAST learner, and a SELF learner. We’ll expose you to many new and amazing opportunities to get better at your craft. But if you can't pick up new concepts fast, you'll be lost and we'll be frustrated. And if you don’t know how to do something, you’ll ideally be unsatisfied until you learn how. - Bonus points if you can shoot. Not essential by any stretch, but could come in handy.
The opportunity to put your immediate creative stamp on this agency and this industry is right there. We believe we produce the BEST visual content for property marketing in the world, and we intend to show it.
We’ve been blessed at Skyline to have been formed by the incredible bunch of creatives past and present that have made up our team, and this new addition will be no exception. As the team grows, you will have the ability to lead, grow and contribute as you see fit. Like Project Mayhem, you can determine your own level of involvement as we attempt to blow up the industry.
We are a small team, based out of The Commons in Chippendale, and our studio is open Monday to Friday. You will have the flexibility to work from home on occasion if you are set up to do so and have great internet. And I would encourage you to read our Core Values section of our website.
How to apply
If you think you might be the right person for this job, please apply with a PDF cover letter (all other formats will be deleted) explaining why we would be lucky to have you, with links to your x3 personal favourite edits (you’ve edited) explaining why they are your favourite, as well as the biggest challenge each one had. Also, please include x1 link to any video made from any time edited by anyone that is just a video you think we would find awesome. Your social links also help us gauge your sense of aesthetic style as well so include if you feel like it. Feel free to include a resume, but we rarely take it into consideration. Your education and set experience means very little compared to your visual output, sense of style and ability to demonstrate your skills through your work.
Please take some thought though with your cover letter if you decide to apply. Following instructions (aka a brief) is an important skill for the role, as is your ability to communicate creative and technical ideas. What has been asked has been asked with purpose, as the person who will flourish and build a career in this role will be one who is passionate about their work.
Skyline is an all-inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate based on gender, age, religion, nationality, or medical choices. Everyone is welcome to apply and hopefully create awesome work with us.
Please note, due to the high level of applications to creative roles, as well as the increase in bot-applicants, the review process takes on average 2-3 weeks, with only successful applicants being contacted. We most welcome conversations about the role so feel free to reach out personally if you wish.
Skyline Creative is a visionary content agency, producing unique and engaging brand stories through video, photography, copy and floor plan content, primarily across luxury real estate, architectural, lifestyle and artisanal brands.
If you are a talented individual with awesome project management and production skills, who can assist with the coordination of work and the scheduling of creative personnel and media post-production within a creative studio environment, then we are looking for you to join our agency.
If you are a talented individual with awesome customer service, project management and coordinating skills, who can assist with the coordination of work and the scheduling of creative personnel and media production within a studio environment, then we are looking for you to join our agency.