Front of House Professionals
City Wine Shop
City Wine Shop is on the hunt for Full Time and Casual Front of House Superstars to join our team for the summer ahead!
- No split shifts
- Opportunity to work with classic wines and producers from Australia and the world
- Access to our extensive wine training program and generous staff discounts on all wine
City Wine Shop is on the hunt for front of house superstars who enjoy working with great wine, cheese and amazing food.
We are offering casual and full time front of house positions working a mixed roster of days and nights in our busy well established Wine Shop. We’re open 7 days from midday to late, serving lunch and dinner in a classic bistro setting paired with our thoughtfully chosen mix of wine options by the glass. To complement this, we also have a regularly changing cheese selection matured on site at our sister business, the Spring Street Grocer. And there is literally a wall of wine featuring a selection of some of the great producers and the new talents from both local regions of Australia and the key regions in the old world. There is no better venue to learn or sharpen your wine skills than with us at the city wine shop.
If the following points describe your skills and personality, we’d love to hear from you:
- Able to work flexible shifts and late nights across a 7 day roster
- Patient, polite, responsible and respectful in the way you deal with all your guests and colleagues
- Have an eye for detail and enjoy doing things properly
- An ongoing commitment to improving your skills and product knowledge
- Wine knowledge is preferred but not essential, as we operate an extensive in house wine service and education programme.
- Excellent English language skills
- Current Victoria RSA certificate
- Applicants must be Aust/NZ citizens, permanent residents or hold an appropriate work visa
In return we offer:
- Opportunity to work with an extensive wine wall built from the great regions of the world and a dynamic by the glass offering
- Access to our extensive wine training program, often including visiting local producers and international winemakers as well as in house WSET Level 2 & 3 courses
- Cheese training from our staff at the Spring Street Grocer
- 5 day roster, 2 straight days off
- No split shifts
- Long term commitment to developing your skills and knowledge
Please Attention all aplications to Ian