Home Grown Drinks - Worksmith
We are seeking an experienced, innovative and slightly food & drink obsessed Sales Manager who has a passion for building relationships in the hospitality sector and selling a purpose driven product.
- Work in a diverse, forward thinking company
- Be part of a rapidly growing company
- Help lead the growth of an emerging drinks category
Since 2017, Worksmith has evolved from Australia’s first dedicated hospitality co-working space and incubator into an array of ventures, projects and initiatives.
Worksmith prides itself on being a mission led company that uses revenue to further develop the food, beverage and hospitality industries and connect the people within. We value collaboration as a cornerstone of our beliefs and we use it to develop strong relationships with people within our community.
Through resources and opportunities, our goal is to continue to be a source of connection for the hospitality industry and will continue to reinforce our mandate to grow, hospitality, together.
Along with parent company Worksmith, exists four diverse businesses, that include:
Industry Membership - A resource for the hospitality industry to bring down the cost of doing business, gain access to R&D facilities and assist with the growth and engagement of employees.
Home Grown - An Australian cocktail company across e-commerce, and on/off-premise.
Melbourne Cocktail Festival - A week-long festival dedicated to celebrating venues, bartenders & brands in its 3rd year.
Stella A boutique, high-end coffee roasting company
- Responsible for the strategy, management and execution of Home Grown across on-premise and off-premise channels.
- Meet and exceed sales targets as set out by the wider Home Grown team
- Develop, implement and execute sales strategies in on and off-premise environments
- Develop and nurture relationships with venue operators, retailers and event organisers to ensure ongoing growth of the brand
- Create and maintain analytics reporting across all sales channels
- Work closely with the logistics and dispatch team to ensure timely delivery of the Home Grown products
- Work alongside the Brand Manager to execute sales from activations, events and tastings
- Lead key partnership formations with:
- Pub & Restaurant Groups
- Event & Function Spaces
- Hotels, Cruise Ships & Resorts
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Create strategies to meet and exceed sales targets
- Implement, manage & report on sales (using Hubspot)
- Work alongside the Home Grown team to reach a wide range of venues and retailers
- Account Management
- Manage and nurture current Home Grown accounts to ensure ongoing re-purchasing of product and engagement from consumers
- Strategise with the Brand Manager to develop innovative ways of growth in existing venues
- Implement and execute training programs in venues to assist with further sales
- Team Management
- Hire and onboard new salespeople as Home Grown expands
- Manage the sales team members, their sales targets and strategies to achieve them
- Distribution & Production
- Liaise with production and logistics team to ensure stock control is maintained and product is shipped in a timely manner
- Seek new channels to sell to that are outside the core on/off-premise environments
- Manage all third party distributors in each state, including ALM & Paramount
Skills and Qualifications
- In-depth experience in a similar role (ideally 3 years)
- Ability to create and execute strategies to meet and exceed the sales targets
- Ability to manage sales funnels using CRM systems (such as HubSpot)
- Able to manage a team of salespeople, including ongoing reporting
- Proven experience in the food and beverage industry with an existing network
- A genuine passion for the hospitality industry and it’s sister industries
- A history in frontline hospitality positions
- A deep understanding of beverage production