Sous Chef / Experienced Breakfast Chef - Performance based financial incentives.
Fleur Espresso - Majik Group
Are you ready to Sous Chef now that lock downs are a thing of the past - Then we're the kitchen for you!
- From the brains behind St Edmonds and Denis The M
- Enjoy and take pride in a menu you've designed and executed.
- Awesome salary packages
- Consistent rostering
- Opportunity for career growth
- Performance based financial opportunities
- Working with well organised professional front and back of house operators
- Free car parking on site
- Performance based target financial incentives
Sous Chef, Experienced cafe breakfast chef for FLEUR ESPRESSO
A recently purchased cafe in South Yarra need a gun breakfast Sous Chef in to join their talented kitchen lead by one of the best head chefs in the business..
- Assists the head chef to lead & direct kitchen team, prepare staff rosters in the executive chef’s absence with the budget in mind
- Provides guidance to kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to cooking, food preparation and plating.
- Maintains an environment of respect, positive and co-operation between Kitchen, FOH and Bar.
- Oversees and organises kitchen stock and ingredients, ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated for quality assurance
- Assisting in managing food and product ordering and minimises waste, work with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns.
- Works with the executive chef to maintain kitchen organisation, staff ability, and training opportunities.
- Verifies that kitchen equipment all meet health & safety standards and are consistently well-managed.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the kitchen area is in line with current health regulation standards
- Coordinates with the restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget and kitchen efficiency and staffing
- Ensures the safe production of a quality product is maintained, without compromise, to our food safety guidelines.
- Must be an Australian Permanent Resident
- A minimum Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in cooking
- Minimum of 1-year experience as a sous chef or breakfast chef with the ability to manage a small team
- Capable of running the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef
- Knowledge of various cooking techniques and their various outcomes
- Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding attention to details and communication skills
- Excellent teamwork attitude and customer service
- Sound understanding of all current OHS, Hygiene & HACCP regulations
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. If you are passionate, dedicated and team focused and want to work along with motivated individuals, please APPLY NOW!