Connie's Italian Diner has opened and we are on the hunt for a Sous Chef to work with our Michelin starred Head Chef. Come and cook nostalgic Italian food in this beautifully designed space located within the CBD.
The Made in the Shade Group unites venues and services owned and operated by Michael and Zara Madrusan: The Everleigh, Heartbreaker, Connie's Pizza, Navy Strength Ice Co., The Everleigh Bottling Co., Bar Margaux and Connie’s Italian Diner.
Every Made in the Shade venue or product is born out of a desire to break new ground in Australia's hospitality scene and redefine standards of service.
Our motto is 'People before Drinks', this means consistent service across all Made in the Shade venues for every guest, seven days a week. We are passionate about hospitality and dedicated to delivering every product and experience with authenticity and unwavering attention to detail.
Connie's Italian Diner, is a New-York inspired modern 100-seat trattoria, showcasing traditional dishes inspired by Michael's memory of growing up in his Family's Italiain restaurants. Connie’s menu has evolved beyond the famous pizzas she’s been known for into a full Italian Diner that's a whole lot of fun serving up a selection of small and large share plates, pastas, sides, desserts and of course, pizza. It’s a great time that’s all about nostalgia. Want to join the famiglia?
We are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join our new kitchen crew. Come and join the team cooking nostalgic Italian food with a modern twist. Think banquettes and the hustle and bustle of a New York Italian Diner.
Operating hours are Wednesday to Saturday for dinner, and lunch will be held on the leafy terrazzo throughout the weekend.
• Ensuring all food is of excellent quality and presentation
• Planning and implementing seasonal menu with the Head Chef
• Coordinating, assisting and teaching a small brigade to cook to Connie's Italian Diner's standards of excellence
• Stocktake and ordering
• Enforcing WH & S, and strict hygiene standards.
• You have an affinity and proven experience in Traditional Italian Food and can bring modern technique and style to the dishes
• You have a culinary school degree/diploma and experience working as a Sous Chef for at least 2 years in a venue of similar quality
• An exemplary work ethic and ability to deliver in a small and high-pressure environment
• Pride in your appearance and work environment with a focus on WH & S and hygiene
• Proven leadership skills, ability to give direction and performance manager
• Available to work evenings.
An internal training program and generous staff benefits across all Made in The Shade venues.
We believe in the importance of work-life integration and value the need for a positive company culture to support this. We have high expectations of ourselves and each other. If you want to thrive in your job and want further career development opportunities within a growing dynamic group, this is the right move for you.
Please email your resume and cover letter addressing the above criteria to email@example.com.
Only applicants shortlisted will be contacted.
In 2017, Connie's Pizza opened inside Heartbreaker Bar in Melbourne CBD. Shortly followed by the hard to miss bright green food truck. Born from a love of cooking from Michael's Nonna Connie, Connie's Italian Diner brings classic Italian dishes & NYC-style pizza to Melbourne.
Heartbreaker in the Melbourne CBD is a classic good-time bar, serving great booze, craft beers and pizza til the early hours. We are looking for an experienced Pizza Chef to spin the pizzas 20-25 hours a week.