Lagotto - Lagotto
Milieu Hospitality is looking for an experienced kitchen professional to take up an influential role as Sous Chef at Lagotto, our spirited take on Italian dining from the team behind award-winning Congress in Collingwood, and Future Future in Richmond.
- Expand your knowledge of Italian cuisine alongside a talented and passionate Head Chef with experience in Melbourne's most regarded Italian restaurants
- Realistic, sustainable and consistent hours with 2-3 consecutive days off weekly
- Opportunity to up level management skills with regular training and room to grow within the group
Inspired by European conviviality and the desire for neighbourly connection, Lagotto is an Italian restaurant and wine store in Fitzroy North, designed by award winning designers Flack Studio.
A rare opportunity presents itself to join the Milieu Hospitality family as Sous Chef, with mentorship by Head Chef Matteo Fulchiati, whose pedigree includes some of Melbourne's most celebrated restaurants. Like its sister venues, Lagotto has an experienced and passionate front of house team who love hospitality.
The successful candidate can expect:
- Full time contract with a competitive remuneration package
- Realistic, sustainable and consistent hours
- 2-3 consecutive days off per week and closed on public holidays
- Training and development program
- Opportunities for growth and movement across the group
- Strong values of respect and excellence in a dynamic and engaging work environment
- Generous dining policy across all Milieu Hospitality venues
- Regular staff days
- Central location
Your skills and experience:
- An experienced Chef with a minimum of 2-3 years as a Chef de Partie, or Sous Chef
- A professional with great communication skills and ready to assume management responsibilities
- Respectful, hardworking and motivated
- Curious and passionate to learn
- Very high standards of cleanliness and hygiene
Experience with Italian cuisine is desirable but not essential.
- Work directly with the Operations Manager and Head Chef to become a part of an expanding business
- Assist in the execution of ingredient focused menus, driven by quality, creativity and accessibility
- Assist the Head Chef to set standards, lead and motivate your team, and develop junior staff including an established Chef de Partie
- Support the Head Chef in the day to day management of kitchen operations including running service, ordering and stocktake
- Dedication to minimal waste working practise
- Support the environmental responsibility strategy lead by senior management and nominated team members
Full time contract. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
More about us:
If you feel like you're the right candidate for this role, email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com