Senior Sales Associate (FT)
Modern Times - an Australian design destination!
Do you love contemporary Australian art and design and vintage furniture?
We are looking for an experienced sales professional to join our dynamic business. Bring your broad skill set, bright personality and a passion for art & design as you work alongside our tight knit team.
- Work in a socially and environmentally-minded business, with a supportive and passionate team, surrounded by art and design
- Involvement in our local community of artists, designers, and makers
- Work from our gallery and design store on Smith St, Fitzroy
About Modern Times
Modern Times is an Australian design destination that uniquely pairs contemporary Australian art and design with vintage European design furniture. Our showroom is based in Smith Street, Fitzroy.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven sales experience in like-minded businesses
- Enthusiasm to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- A passion for design furniture, objects and art and excited to learn more
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills including confidence negotiating
- An enthusiastic and friendly manner
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience managing team members is preferred
Your responsibilities will include:
- Using your sales and customer service skills to achieve results whilst also providing an extraordinary customer experience
- Working alongside the managers to help run an efficient, sales-driven and customer-focused retail environment
- Building customer relationships and providing a great experience to guests in the showroom, providing upbeat and understanding customer assistance.
- Assisting the team in the day-to-day running of the store.
- Understanding that admin is the key to fantastic customer expireience, ensuring all tasks are completed in an organised, timely and efficient manner
- Ensuring the stores visual appearance is always looking its best, assisting with visual merchandising and presentation of the showroom
We can provide:
- Enthusiastic and tight-knit team with a big heart!
- An opportunity to work with beautiful unique products
- A chance to be involved in growing our local community of artists, designers and makers
- Ongoing training and development
Please include a cover letter with your resume and address the following questions:
- Describe Modern Times to your friend, what is our business about?
- Tell us why you would like to join the Modern Times team?
- What makes you a good fit for this role and Modern Times?