Di Stasio Carlton is looking for and experienced Chef to join our professional team in our newly opened location on Faraday street.
We are seeking a skilled and passionate chef to contribute to our tradition of authentic Italian cuisine.
-Permaent Resident or Australian Citizen
-Certificate 4 in copmmercial cookery
-Food handling certificate
-4 years + experince in italian cuisine
Key responabilities will be:
-Planning and developing menus in consultation with the head chef
- Estimating and setting portion sizes
- Supervising and training the activities of cooks, apprentices and junior chefs
- Discussing issues related work with staff and reporting to manager for solutions
- Monitoring temperature control for food safety
- Explaining cooking process for service, mis-en place and cooking skills
- Understanding and training how to use utensils and kitchen equipment
- Organizing food and supplies to be purchased as required
- Checking materials received for price, quantity, quality and temperature
- Monitoring sanitation practices, and ensuring that kitchen and food safety standards are followed
- Also involves, Chopping, Braising, Poaching, Steaming, Deep Frying, Shallow Frying.
- Having variety knowledge as dietary, seafood, meat, dairy, vegetable, nuts and spices
- Organizing orders through timeline during service time for flexible service
Osteria Ilaria is seeking motivated and passionate Chef de partie to join our small kitchen team. An exciting position is available for a serious candidate who is seeking to further their career. The successful applicants will work closely with the head chef and will need to be able to run all sections.
The Operator Group is an established hospitality group with a long-standing history in the industry We are launching a new venue within the Melbourne CBD in January 2024 and searching for a Head Chef who possesses strong leadership skills, demonstrates high technical skills and produces quality food.