We are Australia’s first dedicated coffee roasting collective, and we’re recruiting a Sales Manager to help spread the message and grow our membership base.
- Flexible working hours in a supportive environment
- Early stage opportunity to join a growing enterprise
- Six weeks paid holiday each year
We exist to bring coffee roasting within easy reach of anyone who aspires to undertake it by providing our members with low-cost and contract-free access to roasting equipment, services and support. We are also the exclusive distributor of the IKAWA Pro — a revolutionary advancement in sample roasting.
You’ll play a key role in this small and disruptive team, dividing your time between identifying, connecting with and on boarding new members, and demonstrating the virtues of the IKAWA Pro to potential customers around the country.
A week with us might look like:
- Monday: Spending a day shadowing a team mate as they roast, cup and quality-check espresso with one of our members, gaining a better understanding of the journey our members are on (and the role your team mates play).
- Tuesday: Visiting cafes, coffee bars and restaurants across our city to add to and fine tune a selection of people and businesses that you think could benefit from becoming a Bureaux member, and would make a good cultural fit in our community.
- Wednesday: Working from our Cremorne office to develop a solid game plan for connecting with the candidates you’ve identified, before responding to incoming enquiries about the IKAWA Pro.
- Thursday: Reaching out to (or following up with) prospective members and arranging for them to visit our space for a tour, helping them to understand the services we provide and how it will benefit them.
- Friday: Holding an IKAWA Pro sales demonstration at a green importer’s offices before grabbing coffee with the CEO and Community Director, updating them on your wins and losses for the week.
- An out-going self-starter, excited to disrupt an old industry
- Someone who thinks laterally and creatively, turning obstacles into opportunities
- Able to work independently and unsupervised, but willing to ask for guidance when required
- Clear, thoughtful and timely in all communications, whether by phone, email, Slack or in person
- Driven by positive team culture, customer happiness, work/life balance and company growth (in that order)
- Two years experience in a comparable sales role (preferred, but not essential)
- Two years experience in a coffee-related role
- Excellent communication, planning and interpersonal skills
- A desire to work in an innovative, varied and fast-moving environment
We can offer you:
- A salary of $55,000 per year
- Six weeks paid holidays per year
- Flexible hours in a supportive and encouraging work environment
- An opportunity to join a growing enterprise in the early stages, and help shape its direction