Senior Sales Person
Do you love to sell? Modern Times is a family-run business uniquely combining restored vintage Danish and European design furniture with contemporary Australian Art and Homewares. We are experiencing an exciting phase of growth and need a dedicated and passionate Senior Sales Person with a view to grow at our Fitzroy showroom.
- Work with beautiful products and objects
- Use your awesome sales and customer service skills to achieve results whilst also providing an extraordinary customer experience
- Enthusiastic and tight knit team with a big heart!
- 3-4 years retail/sales experience (preferably in furniture retail and/or other related design retail).
- Proven success in sales, diligent follow-up and excellent customer service. Experience working towards sales targets and KPIs
- Process driven with attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
- Holds Strong Leadership skills
- Diligent, punctual and well presented
- Must be passionate and excited to learn about 20th century furniture and design.
- Have an eye for styling and arranging in-store merchandising including windows and feature display areas
- Ideal candidate is enthusiastic with a can-do attitude and displays excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Some general responsibilities include:
- Actively driving sales. Having the ability to deliver and execute sales goals and targets.
- Engaging with walk-in customers, generating leads and managing timely deliveries, custom orders and establishing new customer relationships.
- Help run an efficient, sales-driven and customer-focused retail environment
- Provide a great experience to guests in the showroom, fielding questions and providing upbeat, empathetic customer assistance
- Help with merchandising and inventory management of the showroom
- Communicate and engage with the MT values and ethos to customers
- Strong work ethic, commitment to continuous improvement, building and growth opportunities
- Autonomous, self-managed and resourceful
- Ability to work on weekends
- Eagerness to learn and ability to juggle multiple task while quickly adapting to new situations
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- The right candidate will have plenty of opportunity to up skill and grow with the business into a leadership role.
Please include a cover letter with your resume and address the following questions.
- Describe Modern Times to your friend, what is our business about?
- Tell us about a memorable sales experience you have provided
- Tell us why you would like to join the Modern Times team