CAPI Sparkling is a young and dynamic FMCG brand that produces a range of mineral waters, mixers, and fruit sodas. Operating from the national head office in Melbourne, the role is responsible for organising and coordinating various sales and marketing trade shows, activations and other events for Capi Sparkling.
You will be part of an intimate in-house marketing team consisting of 4 marketing coordinators, reporting directly to the Marketing Manager. Being part of small team means you will have a very active and impactful role in this business.
The primary objectives of this role are to:
- Identify and plan key events, activations and sampling opportunities for Capi products to maximise ROI on marketing expenditure
- End-to-end project management, coordination and organisation (including all bump in and bump out) of event materials, equipment, catering (if any), transport, staffing, run sheets, products, stalls and booths
- Ensuring all local laws and regulations are complied with at events
- Engage in sales and business development at events
- Management of Brand and Trade partnerships and sponsorships
- Tertiary Degree in Marketing, Event Management or related field
Experience and Competencies (essential)
- Proven experience with organising a variety of trade shows and events
- Sales experience
Budget Management and Planning
- Developing a 12-month calendar which identifies key events and sampling opportunities for Capi products (in Australia and Internationally)
- If required, developing a business case for each event, or sampling opportunity which covers budget allocation, reach, sales, targets, ROI.
Event coordination and management
- Undertaking comprehensive project management by identifying all individual event tasks, milestones, key deliverables and timelines for every component of the event and ensuring that these are met along the way.
- Planning, writing, updating and communicating detailed run sheets for events.
- Procuring, negotiating and liaising with event suppliers including venue, catering, decoration, fit-out, equipment, transport, and other related suppliers.
- Ensuring that the ‘look and feel’ of the event stall or set-up is in-line with Capi’s overall Brand strategy and target audience.
- Ensure that correct quantities of products are delivered on time for events.
- If required, organizing and assembling promotional materials and other sales and marketing collateral
- Recruiting and managing casuals, interns and contractors for events as required.
- Running staff meetings and briefings for events and allocating responsibilities for various elements of the event amongst team members.
- Onsite management of staff and casuals
- Onsite management of all event logistics including bump-in and bump-out
- Identifying and managing any legal, compliance, security, food safety, health risks or OH&S issues related to the event
- Ensuring all relevant laws, regulations and certification requirements are complied with (both local and if applicable, international)
- Ensuring all participating staff members have required training and certifications
Sales & Business Development
- Where required, engage in selling and promoting Capi at events as well as in building sales leads and relationships with key external stakeholders
Trade & Brand Partnerships
- Connecting with and building relationships with external stakeholders to form key trade and brand partnerships
- Managing sponsorships and/or partnership budget to ensure maximum ROI
Core Competencies and Attributes
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and structured thinking
- Highly resourceful and proactive and willing to do whatever it takes to approach, troubleshoot, negotiate and resolve any issues faced with external organisers and suppliers
- Positive attitude and desire to learn
- Flexible and adaptive to change
- Driven and self-motivated
- Outstanding self-management skills and have the capacity to handle multiple stressors, pressures and demands in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Work well autonomously and in a team environment
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills
- Solutions-focused and have a high capacity for responding to and resolving complex issues and problems ‘on-the-fly’
- Results-driven with a proven track record of accountability and responsibility for delivering bottom-line results
Key Performance Indicators
- Ensuring that Capi is well represented at all key events that have a high ROI in terms of sales opportunities and targeting key consumer markets
- Ensuring that the look and feel of the Capi stall or booth is on-brand
- Effectively engaging with key customers and stakeholders at events and building sales and marketing leads
- Ensuring that all deadlines are met per event timeframes
- Ensuring that all logistics involved are well organised and that the event runs smoothly
- Ensuring that the event is achieved within budget.
- Effectively managing casuals and staff involved in assisting with the event.
- Ensuring that all contractual obligations with suppliers are met.
- Ensuring that the event is safe for all attendees and staff and complies with all applicable legal, food safety, RSA, council and OH&S requirements.
- Ensuring that key trade and brand partnerships are well managed
- Marketing Manager
- GM & Sales Team
- External event organisers, suppliers and contractors
If you're interested in the position please email your CV and coverletter to firstname.lastname@example.org