Modern Times is a Melbourne design destination that presents a unique pairing of mid century European furniture with contemporary Australian Art and Homewares. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic E-commerce Coordinator to lead and oversee the Modern Times E-Commerce Business.
- The successful candidate will have at least 2 years experience in E-Commerce and Retail and has ideally worked in the Furniture, design or the Art industry.
- Passionate and friendly work environment
- Smith Street, Collingwood location
In this role you will work closely with the business owners and store manager with responsibilities including:
- Managing the performance and optimisation of the online business and ensure you provide a high level of customer service in store, online and via email communication.
- Website management from photography to publishing and writing all online content
- Management of online inventory and stock on hand
- Manage website merchandising and content management to increase conversion
- Managing web sales including order fulfilment and dispatch
- Reporting e-commerce sales results and analytics
- Social Media
To be successful in this role you will thrive on the unique challenges and rewards of small business and have:
- Previous retail ecommerce experience (2+ years)
- A keen interest in digital sales including social media
- Highly organised and structured
- Superb attention to detail and strong copywriting skills
- Basic Excel and Photoshop skills
- An agile nature that values autonomy and using your initiative
- A true passion for furniture, art and design
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for ownership in their career and the opportunity to grow with a business. Please note that as a small business, everyone is required to wear many hats, and as such there will be times when you are required to assist on the showroom floor.
If you’re up for a challenge in a friendly and supportive environment, apply today.
Please include a cover letter with your resume and address the following questions.
- Do you have retail experience?
- Do you have ecommerce experience?
- How would you describe Modern Times to a friend?
- What brand or business do you admire for their website?
- What do you love about furniture and design?
- Why do you think you’re right for this role?